A PAN Card is required to file Income Tax Returns, and it is important that all the details on the card are updated and correct to the latest date. Read this article to know what are the steps to apply for PAN Card Update/Correction Online through NSDL portal. Permanent Account Number (PAN) holds extreme importance in India, not only for Income Tax purposes but also as a proof of identity. Any incorrect information on your PAN can lead to problems in future. So it is advised to get the mistakes and inaccuracies in your PAN corrected as soon as possible.
New Pan Card Online Form, Correction, Link to Aadhar 2022
Your Permanent Account Number (PAN) is an extremely important document. You require this number not just to file your taxes and be able to remit large sums of money, but it also serves as identity proof. So, it goes without saying that incorrect information on your PAN card could lead to problems in the future. In order to avoid these problems, your best course of action would be to make the necessary changes to your PAN card.Making changes to your PAN card is extremely simple and can be done both online and offline.
- Application Begin 01/01/2017
- Last Date for Registration : Not Announced by Govt.
- Received Pan Card : After the Apply the Pan Card Form, Will be Dispatched After the Complete the Process.
- Indian Citizen All Category : 107/-
- Indian Citizen Resident in Abroad Pan Card Registration Dispatched Fee : 989/-
- Pay the Registration Fee Through Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking or Pay the Fee Through Offline.
Document Required for Pan Card
- Aadhar Card
- Voter Identify Card (Voter ID)
- Arms License
- Driving License (DL)
- Pension Card with Photograph
- Ration Card
- Photo ID Card Issued By Any Central / State Government Authority
- Any Other Related Supported Document
How to Apply for PAN Card Update/Correction Online?
You can easily update/correct your details in a PAN card by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Step 1: Visit www.tin-nsdl.com, the official website of NSDL E-Governance.
- Step 2: Under Services Section, Click on “PAN”.
- Step 3: Click “Apply” under the “Change/Correction in PAN Data” section.
- Step 4: From the ‘Application Type’ dropdown menu, select ‘Changes or Correction in existing PAN data/Reprint of PAN Card (No changes in Existing PAN Data)’.
- Step 5- From the ‘Category’ dropdown menu, select the correct category of the assessee, For example, if the PAN is registered in your name, select ‘Individual’ from the list.
- Step 6- Now, enter your name, date of birth, email address, and mobile number.
- Step 7-Fill the Captcha and click on “Submit”.
- Step 8- Your request will be registered and a Token Number will be sent to the email ID provided by you. You can continue the process by clicking the button given below it.
- Step 9- After you proceed, you will be redirected to the form – there are three options to submit your documents, click on “Submit scanned images through e-Sign on NSDL e-gov”.
- Step 10- Fill in all the necessary details such as your father’s name, mother’s name (optional), your Aadhaar number and click on ‘Next’.
- Step 11- You will now be redirected to a new page where you can update your address.
- Step 12- Upload all the necessary documents such as proof of address, proof of age, proof of identity and PAN.
- Step 13- You need to sign the declaration and click “Submit”.
- Step 14- You will be redirected to the payment page. Payment can be made through demand draft, net banking, and Credit card/Debit card.
- Step 15- On successful payment, an acknowledgement slip will be generated. The applicant should take a print of it and send it to the NSDL e-gov office along with the physical proof of documents. Also, affix two photographs in the space provided and sign across it. Write ‘Application for PAN Change’ on top of the envelope along with the acknowledgement number.
NSDL Mailing Address:
NSDL e-Gov at Income Tax PAN Services Unit,
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
5th Floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341,
Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony,
Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411 016′
Note: You have to pay the fee towards the correction or update of your PAN details as applicable.
How to Apply for PAN Card Update/Correction Offline?
To apply for a PAN Card correction/update offline, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Download the Request for New PAN Card or/and Changes or Correction in PAN Data Form
- Step2: Fill all the mandatory fields in the form carefully
- Step 3: Attach the supporting documents such as the proof of identity, proof of address, passport size photographs, etc.
- Step 4: Once done, submit the form at the nearest NSDL collection centre
- Step 5: You will have to pay the applicable charges for PAN card update/correction offline. Following this, you will get a 15-digit acknowledgement number to track the status of PAN Card application
How to Change Name in PAN Card
There may be situations where incorrect names are written on a PAN card. There are cases where people do not know how to change the name in PAN card after marriage. In such situations, you can update names in it. You can change the name on a PAN Card online/offline, by following the above mentioned online or offline PAN Card update/correction process. Here are a few key points to keep in mind when applying for a change in name on PAN Card:
- In the case of offline applications, the PAN card form download link is provided here
- The PAN card Form has to be duly filled keeping in mind to provide all details correctly
- The photograph has to be affixed and the form has to be signed before submitting
- In case of offline application, a demand draft in the name of NSDL has to be sent along with the application form to the registered address of NSDL
- For online applications, the request can be placed through TIN-NSDL or UTIITSL.
- In the case of the online application, the payment has to be made online using debit/credit card or net banking
- A 15-digit acknowledgement number is generated which can be used to check PAN card status
- Once submitted successfully, the updated PAN card is delivered to the applicant within 45 days of application
Also, do remember:
- PAN card does not contain the address of the cardholder
- The address is mentioned in the form to send the PAN card hard copy by post. You can get the address updated by filling the application correction form 49A offline
- For forms filled online and authenticated using Aadhaar OTP, the address cannot be changed. The address mentioned in the Aadhaar database is taken as your address by default
- In case you want to change this address, you will have to first get the address updated in your Aadhaar card and then fill PAN Card Form 49A again
Reasons for PAN Card Name Correction
There are a number of reasons why people change their names in PAN cards. Some of the reasons are as follows:
- Wrongly spelt name in PAN card
- PAN card surname change after marriage
- Name changed legally